Thursday, April 10, 2014

TIme with Friends at Casa Dorinda

This semester, 7 eighth graders have spent their weekly Service Learning visits at Casa Dorinda retirement community. The students have had a great time singing to and along with the residents at Casa.

Arin writes: Today we brought a game called Bird Bingo to Casa Dorinda. I played with a woman who did not remember how to play. I helped her to remember. I bonded with her and felt special that I got to spend this time with a new friend.

Miles writes: I don't think I will forget the old man that sang along with us at Casa Dorinda today. He was really into the song and seemed really happy. He even got me singing along. I don't sing much, but today this old man made me want to sing.

Brynkly writes: Today I felt proud when I helped a woman to play Bird Bingo and I made her smile. The people at Casa Dorinda really enjoyed our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment