Thursday, December 12, 2013

12.11.13

Wildlife Care Center

I really enjoyed visiting the Santa Barbara Wildlife Center. Even though we could not have a lot of physical interaction with the animals, we did the real hardcore service learning stuff: folding laundry, making bird food and washing dishes. I loved learning about the different birds and what their dietary needs are. I also liked being there and meeting Clyde the duck!


-Sofia M.F.
Sofia, Kyle, Charlie, Alex and Forest wrapping up a day of hard work!


Head Start Preschool

I went to Head Start yesterday and it was really great because I play with one girl named Ashley every time I go, but this time, she brought her friends to play too! We all read books together. The little girls loved the books about Barbie and also the books where you had to find objects in the drawings. I felt really happy that all of those little girls wanted to play with me! I felt that they really looked up to me and I thought that was really sweet. Before that visit to Head Start, I never thought I would read another Barbie book again, but I'm really happy I did because it brought back so many memories for me. One of the only problems I encountered while at the school was when I was playing with a group of kids, and one of them would want to go ride the trikes, and some of the others would want to play on the swings. I had to make compromises between them a lot. Next time, I plan to have one of my friends maybe take a few of them to do what they want, and I'll take the others to do what they want to do. I love going to Head Start Preschool. I wish we could go every day!

-Regan W.

Regan playing house!

All smiles here with Maddy and Jack 

Maddy and some of the sweet girls at Head Start

Amanda and friend on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment